Partner Richard Capriola and Senior Associate Eric Coleman have been invited to speak at the Association of the Wall and Ceiling Industry’s (“AWCI”) Annual Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada, March 29, 2017. Their presentation will focus on asserting and defending delay claims, from key contract terms through the claims process and litigation. Drawing on their combined years of experience representing contractors, subcontractors and owners, Rich and Eric will provide legal analysis and practical tips for anticipating, investigating, and documenting construction delays when they occur. They will offer best practices for minimizing delay liability, the important role of timely and detailed notice, and how to ensure on-site supervisors and estimators keep the records necessary to support or defend delay claims before they occur. They will also cover how to leverage a properly documented job to effectively present or defend against damage claims through negotiations, mediation, and trial.
Latest News & Articles
- Best Practices for Handling Construction Delays
- STEPHEN A. WINTER TO SPEAK AT CAI-GEORGIA’s INAUGURAL EDUCATION SEMINAR JANUARY, 2017
- RICHARD CAPRIOLA & ERIC COLEMAN TO SPEAK AT AWCI’S ANNUAL CONVENTION IN LAS VEGAS MARCH, 2017
- What Every Contractor Should Know About Mediation
- Negligent Hiring in Georgia: Do Your Homework Before Hiring